Preschool Crafts Project Volunteer
Families Together Therapeutic Preschool works with young children who have experienced trauma and stress in their lives. Their families have one or more of the following issues: homelessness, child abuse or neglect or risk of child abuse or neglect, domestic violence, parents challenged by mental health, physical health, or chemical health. And these issues have had strong effects on the children that we serve.
The program works with children to develop relationships and build social/emotional and life skill competence. As a volunteer, working on special projects for our children will bring these hurt and struggling children joy and make their lives happier.
Volunteer responsibilities will consist of:
- Creating craft items for preschool children such as activity packet cutouts, picture frames, etc.
- Bag items for individual/family use - such as oatmeal, crackers, etc.
- Up to 2 hours on a monthly basis (preferably W, Th or F afternoons)
- Skills in arts and crafts a plus
- Ability to take direction from supervisor